This simple football party setup is full of game day party ideas to copy. From football party food to easy party decorations, and even football party games, too.
Grab your set of party printables, and then use these ideas for everything from birthday parties, to baby showers, and Super Bowl parties.
Long ago – before the husband and I became parents – one of our favorite times to host parties was for the Super Bowl.
We would spend hours in the kitchen making a variety of tasty food for a taco bar that everyone could enjoy.
Fast forward a bit more than a decade, and we have three kids, and a lot less time. But we still enjoy watching the big game with friends and family.
So, a couple years ago we invited a neighborhood family to come over for a small, but fun football party for the first half of the game.
Game Day Party Details:
- What Was the Occasion? Super Bowl LIII
- How Many Guests Did You Have? 4 adults + 6 kids
- Where Was the Party Held? Our Home
Football Party Decorations
We went for a more rustic style overall, but decided to only decorate the buffet table in order to keep things simple.
I don’t tend to use themed platters in my decor. Instead, I like to pull from items I have around the house. In this case, I looked for anything wood or metal, with a few glass platters thrown in when necessary.
Adding in this set of football party printables pulled it all together.
Football Party Food
You know, even though I know how much food to serve for a party, sometimes I can’t help myself.
We made far too many fun football foods and then added in simple fillers to round everything out:
- Chicken Pesto Sliders – Sweep Slide Eats
- Pigskins in a Blanket
- Lollipops – Penalty Pops
- Layered Dip – Touchdown Taco Dip
- Mini cupcakes with football helmet toppers
- Football shaped cheese ball
- Assorted chips – Chip blocks
Activities and Games
Since it was the Super Bowl, the main activity was watching the big game. That said, here are some other fun game day party ideas and activities you can do with your kids:
- Hut Hut Hike – A hilarious minute-to-win-it style football party game for kids and adults.
- Touchdown Tango – A fun, football-themed take on classic musical chairs.
- Coloring Pages & printable games – An awesome pack for anyone who needs to give their kids something to do while the game is on.
- #1 Fan Finger Coloring Craft for Kids – You don’t need to be in the stands to show your team spirit. Make this simple craft & let the kids color it in.
Supplies and Sources
- Party printables – Different packages for your personal design style, including editable banners, cupcake circles, cupcake wrappers, food labels, and more
- Wood backdrop
- Baker’s Twine – Used to hang the banner & mini buntings
- Table topper – Green felt layered over burlap
More Game Day Party Ideas You’ll Love:
- Chili and Beer Football Kickoff – For a more grown up crowd, you’ll love this DIY party inspired by football’s favorite beverage.
- Vintage Sports Themed Birthday Party – This cute party combines all the major sports into one vintage style birthday celebration.
- Awesome Super Bowl Decorations to find on Etsy – Make your party look fantastic while supporting small business too.
- Beer Brownies with a Pretzel Crust – Easy and tasty, this is an awesome treat to snack on while watching the big game.