Berry Yogurt parfaits are one of those go-to recipes that everyone should know how to make. Not only are they a healthier option for brunch and party food, but they’re also a colorful and delicious way to start the day.
Today, we’re sharing how to make red, white, and blue parfaits that are perfect for July 4th and Memorial Day. But don’t feel like you need to stay limited to strawberries and blueberries. We’ll also go over some delicious adaptations so you can enjoy these treats any time of year.
What Makes these So Great
- Easy to make: You can have these on the table in less than 10 minutes.
- Deliciously Healthy: Yogurt is a great source of protein, while berries are packed with antioxidants.
- Customizable: Use any combination of berries, yogurt, and granola that you like.
- Pretty enough for a party: The layers of yogurt and brightly colored fresh fruit are a beautiful addition to any party-especially a summer celebration, Mother’s Day brunch, or baby shower.
To make things easy, I created a simple photo guide below. For all measurements and a more detailed guide, check out the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1 – In a small bowl, mix together granola and yogurt. Set aside to soften for 4-5 minutes.
Step 2 – Meanwhile, cut the strawberries into small pieces.
Step 3 – Spoon the granola/yogurt mixture into your parfait glass.
Step 4 – Add the strawberry pieces onto the granola mixture.
Step 5 – Place fresh blueberries on top of the strawberries.
Step 6 – Garnish with a dollop of yogurt, more fresh berries, and/or a mint leaf
What to Serve with Yogurt Parfaits:
Yogurt parfaits can truly be served any time, but they’re most common at breakfast and brunch. These other brunch recipes would compliment your parfaits beautifully:
- Ham and broccoli quiche bites
- French baguette egg boats
- Blueberry lemonade mimosas
- Giant gougeres with fresh herbs
- Quick and easy classic mimosas
- Breakfast quinoa bake
- Cinnamon apple bread with streusel topping
Substitutions and Adaptations:
The great thing about parfaits is that they can be adapted to any taste. Here are some ways you can change up this recipe:
Change up the yogurt:
We used plain greek yogurt to keep it as healthy as possible, but you can use just about any flavor you like.
- Vanilla yogurt keeps the red, white, and blue theme while adding a bit more depth of flavor
- With a pretty pink color, creamy strawberry or raspberry yogurts are a beautiful choice for a princess party, garden party, or baby shower for a girl.
- Blueberry yogurt would be a colorful option for a mermaid party, boy baby shower, or tea party.
- For a dessert style parfait, swap the yogurt for some fresh whipped cream.
Best Parfait Fruits by Color
Why not match your party’s color scheme if you can? 😂
- Red: Strawberries, raspberries, cherries
- Orange: Peaces, apricots, nectarines, mango
- Yellow: Pineapple, Banana
- Green: Kiwi, honeydew
- Blue/Purple: Blueberries, Blackberries
- Lemon curd (paired with strawberries) would be gorgeous for a lemonade themed party
- Coconut flakes
- Homemade caramel sauce
- Candied pecans or other nuts
Do I have to mix together the yogurt and granola? Does the granola get soggy?
Of course not. I used to be very pro-individual layers, and would balk every time I saw my husband mix his granola into his yogurt.
And then I tried it one day, and was very surprised to see how much I liked it. As long as you eat the parfaits within the first 30 minutes, the granola still has some crunch.
How long will yogurt berry parfaits stay fresh? Can I make them ahead?
With the granola and yogurt mixed together, it’s best to eat these right away.
However, you can layer the granola in between the yogurt and the fresh fruit if you’re going to have these sitting out for a while. Layered like that, they should last up to 24 hours.
Why do you mix the granola and yogurt in a separate bowl?
Mixing things together gets quite messy sometimes. This step helps to make sure that your final parfait looks its best.
That said, if you’re just making a parfait for yourself, feel free to mix them together in your serving dish.
If you liked my berry yogurt parfaits, you’re going to love my Strawberry Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese. It only takes a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to make a delicious fruit dip everyone will love.
Or you can check out my other recipes right here.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola;
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup granola and 1/2 cup yogurt. Set aside to soften for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- Spoon the granola/yogurt mixture into your parfait glass.
- Add the strawberry pieces onto the granola mixture.
- Place fresh blueberries on top of the strawberries.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt, more fresh berries, and/or a mint leaf
Remember, the step-by-step photos and FAQ in the recipe post are there to help you if you feel stuck at any point.