There are less than 10 days until Christmas! Are you ready yet? We’re still shopping over here and haven’t wrapped a single present. If you have time to make another batch of Buckeyes or candied cranberries then I’m jealous. All I want this late in the game is something that doesn’t take long, tastes great and is a crowd pleaser.
And for my very last post in the 12 Days of Holiday Candy series, this recipe for candied pecans definitely hits the spot for being both easy and delicious. Yes, it’s even easier than chocolate bark. Why? Because I can have it ready to serve in about 45 minutes.
And oh is it ever addictive, too! My mother’s been making this recipe for a couple decades, and neither of us know where the original recipe came from. I have to make a double batch every year, because there’s never any left after taking some into the office.
[bctt tweet=”In less than 1 hour you can be enjoying these candied pecans. #recipe #food #yum #sweet” username=”PlayDatesParty”]
Easy and Addictive Candied Pecans
- 4 cups whole pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast pecans on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form (when the peaks don’t fall over when the whisk is removed)
- Carefully fold in vanilla, salt and sugar. Add pecans to mix.
- While preparing the egg white mixture, melt the butter on cookie sheet. Spread coated pecan mixture on the cookie sheet over the melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring and turning occasionally.
- Let cool entirely. Store in airtight container or freezer bag.