Tipsy Mermaid White Claw cocktail is a light, refreshing, and fruity drink that’s perfect for hot summer days. The combination of rum, juice and White Claw Hard Seltzer creates a delicious, and lightly fizzy punch like no other.
We love to sip this Tipsy Mermaid drink by the pool or after a hot day at the beach. But it would be just as welcome at a make-your-own cocktail bar for a Mermaid Party or Luau Party.
What Makes the Tipsy Mermaid Drink So Awesome
- The eye-catching green color is a gorgeous addition to any summer party.
- White Claw Hard Seltzer makes this cocktail refreshingly fizzy while also lightening the flavors.
- The combination of lime and pineapple adds a unique tartness to the drink.
- It’s fun to adapt! Change up the White Claw flavors, the juices, or even the proportions for a drink that’s uniquely you. (don’t forget to check out or recommendations below)
To make things even easier for you, I created a simple photo guide below. For specific measurements and a more detailed guide, check out the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. This provides helpful feedback for me and to other readers. And if you want more fun party ideas, subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
In a 2-cup measuring glass, add blue curaçao, lime juice, pineapple juice, and rum. Lightly stir to combine.
Pour in one 12-ounce can of White Claw Watermelon Seltzer. Stir just to combine, making sure not to stir too much.
Transfer to your desired serving glasses and garnish with fresh fruit such as pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, or a slice of lime.
Tipsy Mermaid Substitutions and Adaptations
- White Claw Seltzer – Watermelon is our favorite flavor with this recipe, but you can also substitute with other hard seltzer flavors too. It’s best to use flavors that compliment pineapple and lime juice, such as mango, coconut, raspberry, and strawberry.
- Pineapple Juice: While the pineapple juice is what gives it that beauty, tropical vibe, you can also substitute lemonade or orange juice to get a similar green color.
- White Rum: Feel free to experiment with rum flavors to compliment your event! Spiced, banana, and coconut rum flavors would all work well for a tropical island feel.
- Blue Curacao is the key ingredient for getting that gorgeous green color, so I don’t recommend omitting it or trying a substitution. However, you can adjust the amount of blue curaçao in your drink to adjust the shade of green you get.
- Lime Juice: If you run out of lime juice, you can also swap in a bit of lemon juice. It still tastes great!
Gorgeous Garnish Ideas for Your Tipsy Mermaid Drink:
- Sliced Fruit is classic for a reason. It’s easy, pretty, and also tasty. We recommend pineapple, orange, lime, or lemon slices for your Tipsy Mermaid.
- Skewered fruits like maraschino cherries and fresh coconut are easy to prep ahead and add a pop of flavor and color.
- Rim your glasses with flavored sugar, or flaked coconut.
- Add a bit of cocktail glitter to make your drink sparkle for a mermaid party.
- Of course, you can always add a cute cocktail umbrella for a kitschy beach or luau party.
Tipsy Mermaid Cocktail Tips:
Don’t skip these tips – read them before mixing to avoid any potential mistakes.
Don’t over mix your drink!
Once you add the White Claw Hard Seltzer, you only need to stir once or twice to mix the ingredients. Mixing much more than that will cause the carbonation to dissipate, which will make the drink less refreshing.
Keep your ingredients as cold as possible
The Tipsy Mermaid tastes best when it’s nice and cold. Keep your ingredients (or juice mixture) refrigerated or in an ice bucket until it’s time to serve.
You can also serve your cocktail with a few ice cubes to keep it chilled while you’re drinking it.
Tipsy Mermaid Cocktail FAQs:
Can I make a large batch of this cocktail or make it ahead?
I don’t recommend making a large batch of the full cocktail or making it ahead of time because the carbonation will dissipate before it can be enjoyed.
However, you can make a large batch of the juice and rum mixture in advance and then simply top off your individual glasses with the White Claw seltzer as you enjoy each drink.
What are the best glasses for serving Tipsy Mermaid cocktails?
That said, there’s no hard and fast rule for this drink. Just make sure you use a glass that will show off how pretty it is!
When is the best time to serve this drink?
You’ll enjoy these fruity flavors best on a hot summer day. But here are some party themes where a Tipsy Mermaid would be welcome:
How Can I Make My Tipsy Mermaid Cocktail More Flavorful?
This is a low-key drink with a light flavor that isn’t overwhelming. If you’re looking to pack more punch into your cocktail, you can adjust the amount of pineapple and lime juice in each batch.
Don’t forget to check out our recommendations above for ways to adapt the flavor to suit your taste or your event.
Why isn’t my cocktail bubbly?
You most likely stirred too much of the carbonation out of the drink. To avoid this, you can also divide the juice mixture into your serving glasses and then simply top them off with the White Claw Hard Seltzer.
More Summer Party Ideas:
If you liked my Tipsy Mermaid drink, you’re going to love these summer party ideas:
- Tropical Umbrella Fruit Cup Labels
- Luau Party Printables
- Blueberry Lemonade Mimosas
- Pink Champagne Floats with Raspberry Sorbet
- Blueberry Wine Slushie with Plums
- Dairy Free Raspberry Coconut Pops
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream
You can also check out my all my drink and cocktail recipes here.
- 1 Can White Claw Watermelon Seltzer (12 ounces)
- 3 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- 2 Ounces White Rum
- 2 Ounces Blue Curacao
- 1 Ounce Lime Juice
- In a small container, add 2 ounces blue curaçao, 1 ounce lime juice, 3 ounces pineapple juice, and 2 ounces rum. Lightly stir to combine.
- Pour in one 12-ounce can of White Claw Watermelon Seltzer. Stir just to combine, making sure not to stir too much.
- Pour into your desired serving glasses and garnish with fresh fruit such as pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, or a slice of lime.
Remember, the step-by-step photos and FAQ in the recipe post are there to help you if you feel stuck at any point.
- Once you add the White Claw Hard Seltzer, you only need to stir once or twice to mix the ingredients. Mixing much more than that will cause the carbonation to dissipate, which will make the drink less refreshing.
- Another way to avoid a flat drink is to divide the juice mixture into your serving glasses, and then top them off with the White Claw Hard Seltzer.
- This cocktail tastes best when it's served cold. Keep your ingredients (or juice mixture) refrigerated or in an ice bucket until it's time to serve. You can also serve your cocktail with a few ice cubes to keep it chilled while you're drinking it.
Reminder: This post and the included recipe is intended for those of legal drinking age. Please remember to drink responsibly and never drink and drive.