Whether you call it Shark Attack Punch or Ocean Water Punch, this cool blue party punch recipe is perfect for summer celebrations. It only takes 3 easy ingredients to make this frothy drink that looks just like foamy blue ocean water.
Serve it individually, or make a big batch for your Shark week party, luaus, beach parties, or under the sea themed parties. It’s sure to put everyone in a summer mood.
Why We Love Shark Attack Punch
- Kids love the bright blue color with the foamy top.
- Cold, and sweet, it’s a delicious way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- So easy to make, you only need 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes.
- Since it’s non alcoholic, it’s good for all kinds of parties: kids birthdays, baby showers, and family friendly picnics.
- It’s versatile! I love basic recipes that can be used over and over again, and this definitely fits that description.
How to make Blue Shark Punch:
To make things even easier for you, I created a simple photo guide below. For all measurements and a more detailed guide, check out the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Scoop 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass.
Add 3 ounces blue Hawaiian punch.
Top with 3 ounces Sprite or lemon lime soda.
Garnish with shark gummies or Swedish fish and enjoy!
Substitutions and Adaptations:
- Vanilla ice cream – You can substitute lemon sorbet if you prefer a drink without dairy or want it to be a little less heavy.
- Lemon Lime Soda – We used Sprite, but you could just as easily use 7Up or Sparkling lemonade.
- Garnish: If you want to skip the gummies, you can add a toy shark to your drink, or use these cute shark paper straw decorations.
Other Names for this Cool Blue Punch
Because of the foamy, frothy top, we love to use this for beach themed parties as Ocean Water Punch, or Shark Attack Punch, but here are some other fun ideas:
- “Frozen” Summer Punch for a Disney’s Frozen Themed Party like this Frozen Luau Party
- “Pool Water” for a pool party
- “Toilet Water” for a Puppy Themed Party
Can I Make Shark Attack Punch in a big batch?
Scoop 1 gallon vanilla ice cream into the bottom of your bowl. Add half a gallon blue Hawaiian bunch, and top with 2 liters of lemon lime soda. Garnish with shark gummies or Swedish fish.
Remember: Keep it in a cool spot, and serve the punch immediately after you make it. You don’t want the dairy in the ice cream to spoil during your party.
Can I store any leftovers?
Unfortunately, this punch doesn’t store well. It will still taste okay if kept refrigerated, but the ice cream may get grainy and the soda will lose its carbonation.
More Beach Party Ideas
- Luau Party Ideas from a Professional Event Planner
- Tropical Umbrella Fruit Cup Labels
- DIY Sand Bucket Cupcakes
- Under the Sea Party for a 3 Year Old Boy
- Mermaid Party Ideas
- Octonauts Birthday Party Ideas
If you liked my Shark Attack Punch (aka Ocean Water Punch), you’re going to love my Rainbow Sherbet Punch. It’s a sweet and colorful non alcoholic punch that can be used for any party.
Or you can check out my other summer drinks here.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 ounces Hawaiian punch berry blue typhoon, chilled
- 3 ounces Sprite, chilled
- Shark gummies or Swedish fish
- Scoop 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass.
- Add 3 ounces blue Hawaiian bunch.
- Top with 3 ounces Sprite or lemon lime soda.
- Garnish with shark gummies or Swedish fish and enjoy!