School treats are a cinch this year! Just whip up a batch of these Halloween monster munch Goodie Bags with printable toppers and the kids will love you!
“I’m watching you Wazowski, Always watching”
Can you believe that summer is coming to an end? We’re already discussing Halloween costumes here, and I’m longing for the days when Monsters Inc was my oldest’s favorite thing to watch, instead of Monster High.
At least I know my kids aren’t too old to enjoy a fun popcorn mix.
All three of our kids love popcorn. And I love how easy it is to adapt. It’s one of our favorite treats to make for family movie night…and we pretty much always mix in a few extra special treats.What makes #chocolate covered popcorn even better? A free printable bag topper of course! #yumClick To Tweet
It was time to make a version just for Halloween!
Inspired by years of watching Monsters Inc. this chocolate covered popcorn is filled with google-eye candy and sour gummy worms.
Add the cute bag topper I made just for you and you’ve got the perfect Halloween party treat!
- 3/4 c Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 7 C white cheddar popcorn
- 1 package google eye candy
- 1 package sour gummy worms
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl. Melt in the microwave in 10 second intervals stirring with a fork between intervals.
- When chocolate is completely melted and smooth, gently stir in popcorn until evenly covered. Sprinkle google eye candy and place in refrigerator to firm up.
- After about 30 minutes, when chocolate is firm, remove popcorn from refrigerator and add in sour gummy worms. Best served immediately.
How long did it take?
- Measuring out the food: 5 minutes
- Melting the chocolate: 3 minutes (includes stirring time)
- Mixing in the popcorn: 5 minutes
- Firming up the chocolate: 30 minutes
- Adding gummy worms & breaking apart popcorn munch: 5 minutes
Total time: Approximately 1 hour
Would I make it again?
My kids couldn’t keep their hands off of it! I felt like Roz from Monster’s Inc, constantly threatening that I would be watching how much was left. ☺️
So, I might not make it again to keep around the house, but would absolutely make it as Halloween party favors, or as gifts to school classmates.
Now, it’s Your Turn
Grab the free printable bag toppers and whip up a batch of chocolate covered monster munch popcorn mix. Your little monsters are going to love it!