Happy April 16th! Also known as “thank goodness there’s another year before taxes are due”. Hopefully the tax man was kind to you. We got a bit of a surprise bill, so our household is on a bit of a budget crunch for a while, which is so sad, because one of my favorite things is finding just the right gift to give people. It’s going to be interesting to see how we handle this spring, since it’s just about time to buy Mother’s Day gifts, which will immediately be followed by Father’s Day…which is when our birthday season officially starts. (This is where the Husband would remind me of the old Gallagher skit about women saving money by spending money)
For now I’m restricted to the modern day version of window shopping: browsing the internet and filling my carts, just to let them die. But that doesn’t mean I can’t share my fun finds! Today I’ve pulled together a list of Etsy items that would be fun to give (or get) for the holiday. Though really, I would just be happy with sleeping in and not having to do all the cleaning for the day.
- Dried Lavender Wreath from Stelios Art – I love lavender, and this wreath would be a welcome addition to any front door.
- Olive Wood utensils from Tunisia Handmade – Wood spoons are probably one of my most used kitchen utensils, and these are just gorgeous.
- ”Mom’s Coffee” spoon from Block and Hammer – Because, hands off, of course.
- Greatest Blessings Print from KnotnNest – Such a beautiful reminder of the best things in our lives
- State Shaped Cutting Board from AHeirloom (Virginia Shown) – I grew up with a Texas-shaped cutting board, so this just screams “nostalgia” to me.
- Ribbon Overlay Pillow from Pencil Me In Stationery – So colorful and pretty for spring and summer!
- Lace and Floral Scarf from Elenas LittleShop – Scarves are still huge, and I love the contrast between texture and color in this scarf.
What’s your favorite gift to give from Etsy?
What would you want for Mother’s Day?