Little dino fans are going to love their party with these awesome dinosaur birthday party ideas, including games, decorations, and LOTS of free printables!
Is your little one obsessed with everything dinosaur?
We visited the recently renovated dinosaur exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, and I was convinced my 4-year-old was going to be obsessed afterward.
Not only was he fascinated with the “terrible lizards,” my older kids loved the exhibit too. And it definitely got me super excited to pull together today’s reader request: dinosaur birthday party ideas!
We’re looking at decorations, games and activities, favors, and practically a full set of free dinosaur party printables to make your home perfect for your party.
There’s so much goodness going on here, and it can get overwhelming. But don’t forget there’s no need to try to do it all. Just pick your favorites and enjoy the whole party planning process.
Dinosaur Birthday Party Decorations
Let’s start with the decorations, because there are so many fun options!
I once saw a party where the buffet table was completely covered with camo netting and giant jungle leaves. I wish I could share the pictures with you, because the effect was amazing! You can get a feel for it though, by taking a look at the submitted pictures here.
I also asked some of my blogger friends for their best ideas, and they definitely came through! Take a look:
- Aren’t these painted toy dinosaurs just so much fun? You definitely need to head over to Where the Smiles Have been to check out how the signs were made, too!
- If you really want to make an impression, you can cover an entire wall with a three-dimensional volcano scene like this one from Jordan’s Easy Entertaining. There are tons more ideas to steal from that party too, but this was definitely my favorite.
- This dinosaur party featured over at Bird’s Party would coordinate perfectly with the camo idea above. I just love those egg covered cupcakes perched on the logs. (Notice there are only a few and it still makes a huge impact!)
- DIY Dino Party hats by The Suburban Soapbox are just fantastic! The colors and patterns are spot on. (Though,if you run out of time, you can also buy a cheap set of paper dino hats too!)
- OMG, Teach Me Mommy’s individual paper mache dinosaur egg pinatas are definitely going to be a huge hit with the kids!
A Few Extra Easy-Peasy Last Minute Party Supplies and Decorating Ideas:
- Grab some inflatable dinosaurs and set them on the table or around the room.
- These must be the cutest party napkins I’ve ever seen. (no, seriously!)
- What little dinosaur fan wouldn’t want dinosaur shaped party candles?
- No time for a custom banner? Check out this Dinosaur Skeleton Happy Birthday Banner, or go for the ROAR with dino-spiked balloons
- Dinosaur straw toppers are too cute to be scary.
Dinosaur Party Games and Activities
Okay, so this is THE classic dinosaur party game, and while it may seem overdone, it’s the perfect easy activity for you to add your own spin. Check out some of these variations:
- If you have a big group, you can section off a part of your yard with dinosaur themed tape so the kids really feel like they’re at an archeological dig.
- Have really little kids? Team Cartwright put together a food-based sensory dino dig that’s perfect for toddlers.
- How about letting the kids find dinosaur bones inside rocks? Find out how to make your own at The Kitchen is My Playground.
- Or you can make your own salt dough dinosaur bones, as shared by 65 Million Years.
- Bonus: Include some salt dough dinosaur fossils in your Dino dig and then let the kids pain them just like Glitter on a Dime.
More Ideas for Dinosaur Birthday Party Games:
- Set up an adopt-a-dinosaur station with these little plushies. I’ve even got a free printable adoption certificate and sign you can use!
- Grab some free dino bingo cards from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
- The Inspiration Edit shows how to make the cutest dinosaur paper plate craft.
- If your kids are a bit older, consider making a Dinosaur drool slime. (You can also find our favorite no borax clear slime recipe right here)
Super Fun Dinosaur Party Favors
One surefire way to make sure people talk about your party for months (or years) to come is to send everyone home with an awesome party favor.
- Kids love bath bombs…especially when there’s a special surprise inside like these dinosaur bath bombs from Artsy Fartsy Mama. (I wonder if these dinosaur filled eggs could be used as a mold?)
- An awesome idea for the younger crowd are these felt dinosaur puzzles. They would be great for kids to keep as a take-along-toy for outings.
- Of course, you can’t go wrong with good old-fashioned dress up dinosaur masks and Dino tails. (Foam Dinosaur Masks and Dinosaur Tails )
Free Dinosaur Party Printables
Alright, now we’re on to the really good stuff! I love printables for my kids parties. They make life so much easier! And these free printables are a great place to get your dinosaur birthday party ideas started.
- First up, I’ve created a set of Dino adoption certificates you can use for your kids’ party. They come in four different color schemes and are perfect for both boys and girls. (Click here to request your copy!)
- Grab Artsy Fartsy Mama’s free dinosaur bingo printables
- Get treat bag labels from Kenarry,
- Or choose dinosaur favor tags by DIY Party Mom
- Download free cupcake wrappers and cupcake toppers from Simple Everyday Mom
- I’m loving this Three-Rex Party sign from Elva M Design.
- Want to use some witty food labels? Hunny I’m Home has free dinosaur table tent cards you can use.
- How’s this for fun? A dinosaur themed color-in placemat! Entertainment and decorations in one. Love it! Find your copy over at Mom Foodie.
Now It’s Your Turn
Is your head spinning yet? There are so many fun dinosaur birthday party ideas you can choose from. The most important thing to remember is to have fun with it. Grab your free dinosaur party printables, put your own spin on any of these ideas and let your little birthday kid have a dino-mite day!
Tell me…which of these dinosaur birthday party ideas is your favorite?