Looking for new and creative ideas for a Lego party? Come look at these 43 best steal-worthy ideas for lego party decorations, food, games, and favors.
Hooray! It’s time for another reader request!
I love finding party inspiration for you guys. It’s so much fun to come up with ideas for party themes, even when I’m not hosting the party myself.
(Confession: I may actually geek out a little too much. What can I say? I just love finding amazing party ideas!)
This week, we’re looking at the best ideas for lego party decorations, food, games, and favors.
Whether it’s for a boy or a girl, a 4 year old toddler or an 8 year old tween, these are the best Lego party ideas for busy moms who want an awesome celebration with that unique DIY party feel.
Free Printable Lego Party Banner
Let’s start off with a fun freebie! I typically sell these banners in my shop, but-for a limited time-I’m offering them to you for free!
There are two color schemes: the classic Lego primary colors, and a more feminine color scheme for the girls. But who says they’re really only for girls. You get both in one pack, so feel free to mix and match all of them together for a totally unique look!
Even better…the letters themselves are made from Lego bricks. How fun is that?
When You want a DIY feel, but don’t have time:
Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) life gets in the way of our grandest party plans.
Between work, school, and trekking kids to extracurriculars, we just don’t always have time to make every single detail for our kids parties.
This is why I love Etsy so much. You can get gorgeous, custom, hand-made ideas for a lego party without actually having to make any of it yourself!
DIY Lego Party Decorations
If you happen to snag a few minutes between activities to create something fun, then you definitely want to check out these ideas for lego party decorations.
More Ideas for Lego Party Decorations:
* Make a Lego brick backdrop using poster board for the shapes, and colorful round paper plates as the studs.
* Make the birthday kids’ name or age in Legos and have it displayed on your party table
* Wrap brick-shaped shipping boxes in solid wrapping paper and create a tower of stacked Legos (bonus points for having one or two that stick out of the side) or even hang smaller, lightweight boxes from the ceiling like you would a tissue paper pom pom
* Use a Twister mat as a tablecloth
* Hang a streamer of yellow balloons with Lego faces drawn on them
* Place a bunch of Lego bricks in clear vases or apothecary jars.
Ideas for Lego Party Food:
I don’t know about you, but I think finding creative ways to display party food that fits your theme is just so much fun.
Lego parties are no different.
In addition to some of the ideas listed in the parties shown above, here are some true wow-em Lego party food ideas you can easily incorporate into your party.
More Ideas for Lego Party Food:
* Lego Brick Sandwiches, made in a variety of shapes and sizes
* Make a square pizza and arrange pepperoni slices in four round circles
* Make the inside of your cake a checkerboard cake
* Serve square finger foods like Chex mix or Cheese-its
* Cut fruit into square and rectangular cubes - melons and pineapple would work well for this
Lego Party Games
Now, you don't need to schedule a party to the hilt, but it's always a good idea to have a few games and activities up your sleeve to keep things moving along.
More Ideas for Lego Party Games
* Create a series of Lego building challenges and have the kids race to complete them
* Guess how many bricks are in a jar
* Give the kids yellow paper and have them make their own Lego faces
* Hide bricks around the party area for a Lego scavenger hunt
Ideas for Lego Party Favors
No one wants to let their guests leave empty handed. Here are some fun ideas to keep the Lego goodness going long after the party is over.
More Ideas for Lego Party Favors
* Lego shaped cookies and treats (like the ones above)
* A small baggie filled with Legos (Check your local thrift and consignment stores for deals)
* Make necklaces with Lego bricks and this little charm
* Glue a few Lego bricks to these frames (the bright colors mean you don’t need to completely cover the frame!) and add a special message or photo
Now It’s Your Turn
Phew! You made it to the end! I know that was a crazy long list of ideas for Lego party inspiration. But hopefully you’ve now got a great plan in place to get your party started!
Don’t forget to grab you free Lego party printable banners before you go. (or click here to see all the other freebies you get) And have fun planning!
Are there any Lego party ideas I missed? Share yours in the comments below!