Tired of turkey hash and pot pie? Change things up with these 17 unique Thanksgiving leftovers recipes that will make you fly through those leftovers!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for this site to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
There are only 10 days left until Thanksgiving here in the US.
While many are still planning the menu for the big day, I’m thinking about what to do with all the leftovers! And why not, Thanksgiving leftovers may even be better than Thanksgiving dinner itself.
Of course, there are the classic favorites. Recipes such as turkey hash and turkey sandwiches are simple to pull together and always yummy. But sometimes it’s just as exciting to get creative and pull together something different.
A Few Tips for Making the Most out of Your Leftovers
Ad-hoc meals from leftovers can be incredible. In fact, transforming leftovers into new meals is one of my favorite things to do.
And over the years, I’ve found a few items that help make the process much, much simpler. Here are my top five favorites:
- Pyrex bakeware sets with lids: Cook your food in them and then then pop the lid on when you’re done. There’s no easier way to clean up!
- Freezer Safe Casserole Dish: These are the BEST for leftovers that are getting a little on the old side. Prep your casserole, stick it in the freezer, and then it’s ready to defrost when you want to serve it.
- Better Than Boullion is our go-to stock base. And we don’t just use it for soups. Add it to leftover rice with herbs for a change in flavor, or add it to your casseroles in place of salt to make your meal more robust.
- Immersion Blender: One of the best ways to transform your leftovers is to puree it and add it to something else – particularly with vegetables. Immersion blenders are the best way to do just that.
- Pastry Cutter: Ironically, I can’t imagine a kitchen without a pastry cutter…and I’ve never used it to make pastry! Like the immersion blender above, the pastry cutter is awesome for breaking up larger pieces of food to create a finer texture.
[clickToTweet tweet=”From cranberry sauce to #dessert…here’s what to do with your #Thanksgiving leftovers! ? via @PlayDatesParty” quote=”From cranberry sauce to #dessert…here’s what to do with your #Thanksgiving leftovers! ?”]
One year I used our pastry cutter to smash together leftover sausage, stuffing, and mashed potatoes to create potato pancakes…OMG those were some good eats.
Then again, there’s always the risk that those creations can turn into an inedible mess. What a waste.
If you’re not feeling quite up to risking a Frankenstein creation of your own, or even if you’re just bored with the same old hash and sandwiches, give one of these unique Thanksgiving leftovers recipes a try!
17 Unique Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes You Have to Try
Turkey Chowder by Sugar Spun Run
Turkey Shepherd’s Pie by Culinary Ginger
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Hand Pies by Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Leftover Turkey Hatch Chile White Chili by Fearless Dining
Turkey Bacon Swiss Panini with Cranberry Mayonnaise from Sincerely Mindy
Turkey Enchiladas by Hungry Hobby
Turkey Bacon Brie Braid by Slick Housewives
Turkey Banh Mi by Shiny Happy Bright
Cranberry Sauce Oatmeal Bars by Savory Tooth
Turkey Turnovers by Anns Entitled Life
Turkey Muffins (in the air fryer) by Recipe This
Cheesy Leftover Cranberry Sauce Cookies by The Cookie Writer
Moroccan Turkey Couscous Balls by Recipe This
Curried Turkey Leftovers by Faith Filled Food for Moms
Chinese Five Spice Turkey Tacos by Recipes from a Pantry
Baked Sweet Potato Pancakes with Orange Cranberry Compote
by Recipes from a Pantry
Maple Leaf Pumpkin Pie Pops by Two Kids and a Coupon