Colorful Holiday Bark
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 2 – 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- Toppings of your choice (we used mini holiday M&Ms and spice drops)
- Melt semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring at intervals. Start with 30 seconds and then reduce microwave time to 15 seconds and 10 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Alternatively, use a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a pan prepared with a layer of parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, spread chocolate over the pan. To make separate layers, place un refrigerator until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler. If the white chocolate starts to seize (melting to a thick, lumpy consistency), add heavy cream, one teaspoon at a time until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Pour over top of refrigerated semisweet chocolate and carefully spread over the top with a large offset spatula.
- To make a swirled effect, don’t refrigerate first layer until completely firm. After spreading the chocolate, drag a toothpick through the layers, alternating motions to create a varied effect.
- Immediately sprinkle with toppings and refrigerate until completely set. Break into small bite-sized pieces to serve.