Tired of the same old wreath shape on your front door? Try a basket wreath instead! It only takes a few minutes to switch them up from season to season!
It’s no secret that versatile crafts and projects are my favorite.
I don’t like spending significant sums of money on anything that can’t be used again. And I hate spending extra time on projects that go nowhere.
So, today’s post from Sue of A Purdy Little House is right up my alley. She’s sharing how she created this adorable basket wreath with a thrift store find and plenty of faux greenery. The best thing is, that even though summer is coming to a close in just a few days, a craft like this can be quickly changed up for the next season.
Here are some ideas for how to update a basket wreath from season to season:
- Spring/Summer: Hydrangea and plenty of greenery…just like Sue’s wreath!
- Early Fall: Swap out the greenery for faux fall leaves and a few pumpkins. Maybe add a witch hat for Halloween.
- Late Fall: Take off the witch hat and add a few dried corn cobs. You’re now ready for Thanksgiving!
- Winter Holidays: Remove all the greenery and fill the basket with shatter-proof balls, garland, and maybe a few fun holiday picks to fill the vertical space
- Winter After the Holidays: Add a little snowman motif, or go straight to Valentine’s Day with plenty of hearts and roses. We all need a little more cheer in the dead of winter.
See? It doesn’t take much to add some cheer to your door year round!
Now, for a few fun facts about Sue:
What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
Keifer Sutherland. Or maybe Katee Sackhoff, so I could tell people I met Startbuck at a Starbucks.
What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Look at my phone.
Each of my Spectacular Summer co-hosts is sharing a little bit more about Sue on their blogs, too. So don’t forget to hop around and see what else she has to say.
|A Purdy Little House||Health, Home, and Heart|
|Confessions of a Mommyaholic||Hey Fitzy|
|Crafting a Family||JENerally Informed|
|Dazzle While Frazzled||Just Measuring Up|
|Flourish and Knot||The No Pressure Life|
Don’t forget to check out these awesome posts: