I really can’t claim this as a total trend spotting post. I’m sure you’ve seen these little push pop containers all over the place lately. When I first saw them last winter, the containers were nearly impossible to find. Now you can find them all over the place. (Seriously, check them out here, here or here. I purchased mine here)
I would have used the cake shooters for T’s birthday party, but it just didn’t seem festive enough. You know that the family wants to see her try to blow out the candles. So I took the opportunity to make them last week for T’s school celebration.
They are a bit time consuming, but very simple: (sorry I didn’t get tutorial style pictures)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package or recipe directions (I cheat and use the box).
2. Separate batter into three bowls and mix with the colors of your choice.
3. Bake as directed and then cool several hours or overnight
4. Use one of the push pop containers to cut out circles in your cooled cakes.
5. Layer the cakes and frosting (be sure to put a good bit of frosting in between each layer) and enjoy!
6. Use the leftover batter to make messy cake balls!
Of course the kids loved the cake shooters, and I got lots of comments from the staff that they’d never seen them before. What do you think? Are cake shooters just a fleeting trend, or are they here to stay?
This will be shared at the following parties: