For those purists out there, last week’s Octoberfest inspiration board wouldn’t quite make sense. Why? Well, because Octoberfest originally started in Bavaria, and the Bavarian flag colors are blue and white. I thought about including Blue and White into last week’s inspiration board, but I felt it would get too crazy with all the colors. So, today I’m focusing just on blue and white. I think you could put together a beautiful, outdoor party using rustic elements. All the bales of hay and brown tones that are a part of fall could be a beautiful neutral backdrop to theme colors in blue and white. Tabletops and decorations could be put together in bright blue and white, while the eating tables and seating could be very rustic. I like the idea of juxtaposing such modern and rustic elements.
How would you incorporate blue and white into an Octoberfest celebration?
1. Blue Lanterns – Tara Bradford
2. Blue Chair in Rustic Setting – The Garden’s Eden
3. Square Lanterns – The Gardner’s Eden
4. Ice Cream Cups & Fruit in Wrappers: Hostess with the Mostess
5. Bavarian Flag: The Oktoberfest
6. Blue Paper Cones: Hostess with the Mostess
7. Blue and White Straws – Garnish
8. Blue Candy in Bowls: Hostess with the Mostess
9. Bavarian Flag Picks: Bier Boot Haus
10. Blue Gingham Baking Cups: Sweet!