I have to admit, this was probably the easiest set-up I’ve done so far. From the time I started setting up to the time the table was ready, it took maybe 2.5 hours. Of course, this doesn’t include the prep work involved in all of the decor and embellishments. It definitely helps that I only had to take care of one small part of the whole day, not to mention that I was able to set almost everything up the night before so that the kids could be surprised in the morning (the jelly beans in the pail and on the cake stand were added last minute).
|Not technically a good picture, but that sunshine just makes me happy.|
What I’m definitely realizing is that I have one incredibly inefficient method: I like to do a mock set-up of the main buffet before the event. It hasn’t been much of an issue with some of the other parties – the Barnyard and Toy Story mock-ups were up and down pretty quickly. I usually do this to get an idea of scale and to see if I need more filler. This time, however, I set up the whole table in our playroom and kept adding to it over the week beforehand. Part of my problem is that I don’t really know exactly how I’m going to do some things until I can see it come together. Definitely time-consuming.
As far as budget goes, the Husband mandated a $100 budget for the table, and I tried really hard to stick to it. Of course, I went over a bit, but not by too much. In addition to re-using on=hand items, there were a lot of $1 and $2 items from Target, Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree. Still, it adds up quickly. My best estimates are that I actually spent about $130. This includes all of the materials to make the backdrop frame and my splurge items from Dainty Delights.
|Low cost project: Repackage this…|
All-in-all, it was a successful event, so I’m feeling redeemed from some of my lower moments earlier this year!