Layered with chocolate and vanilla, and filled with three kinds of candy, stuffed Christmas brownies are an easy and impressive treat to make for a crowd.
I like to think of plain brownie batter as a starting point.
Sure, sometimes all you want is your basic chocolate brownie, but it’s always fun to add a little flair to your desserts during the holidays. And oh, boy have I got a brownie recipe today with flair!
Double decker triple stuffed brownies are kind of like Christmas presents on your holiday platter. Swirls of cake batter and brownie mix provide a pretty top. But on the inside, they are filled with sweet surprises of whole Hershey’s Hugs, Melted Hershey’s caramel kisses, and milk chocolate M&Ms.
And even with all those ingredients, this is such an easy recipe! Seriously, using boxed brownie mix and boxed cake mix simplifies the recipe to the point where it’s almost a no-brainer.
The most time-consuming part is unwrapping all the Hersheys and hugs. And if you get your kids involved in unwrapping them, then the hardest part will be taken care of for you! (Just make sure to have plenty extra candies on hand for hungry little mouths.)
Christmas Brownies Stuffed to the Gills
Don’t worry about chopping up any of the candies. Whole Hershey’s hugs inside the batter reveal a fun silhouette of white chocolate when you cut into your brownies. It’s like the gift inside your brownie present.
Throwing in caramel filled Hershey’s kisses adds even more surprise. The caramel melts during baking to create a chewy crust on the bottom of the brownie and tasty a pocket of chocolate inside the batter. Yum.
To take it all over the top, holiday M&Ms inside the batter and on top of the brownies gives these bars the colorful touch.
You won’t ever look at another box of brownie mix the same way after having one of these double decker triple stuffed brownies, I promise.
Double Decker Triple Stuffed Christmas Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix & required ingredients
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 egg
- 20 Caramel Filled Kisses
- 20 Hershey’s Kiss Hugs
- 3/4 cup holiday M&Ms for batter
- 1/4 cup holiday M&Ms & sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 13 x 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- In a separate bowl, mix cake mix with 1/4 c vegetable oil, 1/3 cup milk, and 1 egg.
- Fold 1/4 cup holiday colored M&Ms into each batter.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 of the brownie mix into bottom of the pan and spread with a spoon to the edges.
- Gently place Hershey's Kisses and Hershey's Hugs on top of brownie mix. Do not press into batter
- Pour remaining brownie batter on top of kisses, trying to spread as evenly as possible without moving around the Hershey's kisses and hugs.
- Drop large spoonfuls of cake batter on top of and between the brownie batter. Use the cake batter to fill in as many of the holes in the brownie batter as possible and to cover as much of the kisses as possible. Be careful not to cover all of the brownie batter. (Note: you may have some cake batter left over)
- With a toothpick, swirl brownie and cake mixes together. This is also a good time to try to cover any of the tops of the kisses that might still be showing.
- Sprinkle with a scant 1/4 C of holiday colored M&MS and bake at 350°F for 25-35 min.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Now It’s Your Turn
Who knew that Christmas brownies can be so fun and so simple? Whip up a batch of these brownies for your next holiday get-together and everyone will ask for the recipe!
How do you doctor your brownie mix?