I always want to go big for holidays, but somehow life catches up. There are grand plans of decorating the house with loads of green and shamrocks. Printable banners put up behind the kitchen table, and crafty activities to reinforce some kind of teachable moment.
Instead we spent the weekend celebrating in small moments (and woke up to eight inches of snow this morning!):
– A Sunday afternoon with the Grandparents eating corned beef and cabbage;
– Grandma’s homemade Irish soda bread;
– Turning Lucky Charms into treats to take to a play date with friends from Church;
– Sneaking green applesauce and a gold coin into school lunch;
– And the easiest green dinner ever: Pasta with Pesto