Why don’t we just hear straight from the husband, and interview him for once!
- What was your first impression of me? You were friendly and attractive.
- How accurate do you now think it was? On which counts do you think you were totally wrong and on which were you right? I’m always right all of the time. (He’s also always a bit of a smart-aleck!)
- What is your idea of a truly romantic evening? (Sorry gals – I can’t post what he said. It’s just not that kind of blog!)
- If I promise not to get upset, can you tell me something that you’d like to change in me but don’t have the nerve to tell me? There are times you really want to talk about something and I really don’t want to hear it…but there’s nothing permanent I would want to change.
- Can you name three qualities that attracted you when you got to know me? You were nice, easy-going and you had a really nice personality. The kind of personality that made me want to be around you…I still want to be around you (most days).
- What was different about our relationship than others in your past? It was very natural and wasn’t unbalanced.
- Of all the memorable things we’ve done, what was your favorite? Visiting Times Square to see Phil Collins when we had no money and no worries. (Edited to add: It was a cold, rainy September weekend. We took the bus from DC for $50 and stayed at a HoJo where the window wouldn’t shut and only one person could fit down the corridor at a time. It was both terrible and wonderful at the same time!)
- Where do you see us in 10 years? Hopefully not in this house anymore! I’d like one more child…assuming it wouldn’t drive us completely insane.
(This post is a part of the series 30 Things My Children Should Know About Me – chronicling 30 different aspects of life as it is now for my girls to read someday later in their lives.)