It’s all well and good to make New Year’s Resolutions, but how many of us actually keep them more than a week or so? For those resolutions that require more than just a quick fix, there’s nothing more motivating than hearing stories of others who are going through your same journey, or have already been successful. Today I want to highlight some of the most inspiring and motivating posts I’ve read this week about resolutions.
1. I’ve featured printables from Agape Love Designs over the last couple years; but only recently found out that Maria has lost 70 pounds in the last year. Tuesday she shared her weight loss story, including tips and tricks. It’s a must read for anyone trying to shed serious pounds!
2. Sometimes getting started can be the hardest part. Jenn, over at I Am Not Superwoman, puts it all out there with an incredibly honest post at the beginning of her journey. Let’s all join her in saying “This is me today but will not be me tomorrow” (love that line!).
3. Even beyond weight loss, Kristi from Addicted 2 Decorating shares an incredible inspirational post about how she and her husband have successfully started the journey toward getting healthy, getting organized and saving money. Doesn’t that cover about 75% of almost all resolutions set?
4. I can’t bet the only one who sets up lofty goals that aren’t realistically attainable. No doubt I’ll be reading and re-reading this post from Kristiina at Typical House Cat. Another great one-liner from this post: “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good”.
5. And when it gets too stressful, Vicki’s Blog reminds us that it’s not about becoming perfect, it’s about enjoying life. Resolutions aren’t worth anything if you’re not enjoying yourself in the end!